Portable Steam Deck Setup
I recently purchased my Steam Deck and I am loving it.
I wanted to share with you the accessories I use to give a fairly useful portable setup. The best part of it? All but one optional thing fits in the case. (That optional thing being a PS5 or Xbox controller). With this setup, you can have a nice mouse and keyboard setup. Also, you will have a usb hub to plug in additional peripherals.
Full transparency: the links below are affiliate links and I may receive a commission if you make a purchase with them. Any support would be great for the blog and highly appreciated.
- Keyboard: iClever BK08 Foldable Keyboard
- If you want to play shooters and come from the mouse-and-keyboard camp, this keyboard is good and portable enough for W-A-S-D action.
- Mouse: Logitech G305 LIGHTSPEED
- Great mouse. Small enough to fit in. Adjustable sensitivity.
- USB Hub: Anker USB C Hub 555
- The Steam Deck only has one USB C port. A Hub is a MUST HAVE.
- USB C Charger: Anker USB C Charger 715
- When you want to leave your stock charger plugged in at home, this a great one to take on the go.
- USB C Cable: 10FT 90 Degree USB C-to-USB C Cable
- The USB C port is on the top. The 90 degree plug helps keep the cable manageable when on the go (when not using the hub). The 10Ft length comes in handy when the plug might not be as close.
- Case: Game Traveler Steam Deck Case
- The stock Steam Deck case only has space the Steam Deck itself. This case has space for all of the accessories.
- Screen Protector: Benzacap Steam Deck Screen Protector
- I am bad at putting on screen protectors but I was lucky enough to get this one on the first go. There’s nothing special about this brand but a screen protector is a must have when on the move.